
Well, the due date was actually August 16th. I did my best to make it the 18th or 20th since we have a slew of birthdays for various friends and family from Aug. 13-17th and I thought she deserved her own birthday. I was determined to give her her own birthday so she'd never have to have a joint celebration (poor Ann, always sharing with Grandma or Easter) unless she chose. As people kept telling me whose birthday she could share, I was reminded of the 'I Love Lucy' episode in which the Italian shoe shine boy, greedy from the prospect of receiving chocolate bars, brings in the village children, one by one, to announce "She's a-her birthday too!" I even told Grandpa, whose birthday IS Aug. 16th that I would wait until midnight so she could have the day all to herself. Now, here's the thing. I have a tendency to mandate rules or situations for myself and they, frighteningly often, happen just as I said. At midnight on Aug 16/17 I awoke to contractions that proceeded at exactly 10 minutes apart. In the next hour they went to 4-6 minutes and we called the doctor. After alerting mom at 2 am that she needed to report to her post (our couch) to watch a sleeping Hallie, we kissed them both goodbye and headed for the hospital. So, I'd made it. August 17th was HER day! Well.... except for sharing the day with cousins of both her mom and dad. SIGH.
By the way... we gave out some chocolate bars with her name on the wrapper.
2 comments:
OH MY GOSH!! Congratulations you guys! I'm looking forward to more news about the "Shore" household!! :)
I absolutely loved reading everything. Hallie is a wonderful big sister!! Vikki
Post a Comment