
Upon entering Methodist Hospital via the Emergency Room at approximately 3 am we were ready for the next childbirth adventure. Of course, they have to ask why you're there but, come on... did they have to ask? I mean, would anyone choose to just waddle in the dark of night to hang out? Of course, being August, it was a cooler time to be out...
I had only a brief moment of panic when, upon telling the nurse I was having contractions about 6 minutes apart, she said something to the effect of "let's get you hooked up and see how far along you are and see if we should admit you." All I heard was "We might send you home." WHAAAAATTTT???? I could still walk and talk and breathe but I wanted to do all that at the hospital - not in my living room! They obviously did not know how quickly the others came. Luckily, a high tolerance for pain was blocking the fact that contractions were happening every 3 minutes. They were nice enough to admit me.
I was told the anesthesiologist was on the floor and did I 'want to have him hook me up or wait?' Wait? I don't think so. He was the best by far and other than needing about 5 blankets (as seen in the previous picture) I was so comfortable, I fell asleep. Mom and Hallie came in about 5:30 to check on us - the nurses were so great in explaining to and including Hallie (Mom knew what was going on). At 7:30 the new nurse came in, put me on my side and I felt that old feeling. She rolled me back as the doctor came in and she informed him that she was not letting him leave the room. As with Emma and Hallie, he had to turn tail and prep while someone held the baby in. Dr. Morrison is great and knows how I do this so he was ready (though he had to tell the staff to hold up his C-section for a few minutes) At 7:39, on the first push - which I did not get to finish, Anna came along and cried her little juicy lungs out. She had to be cleared out for a bit because apparently there was not even enough time on the trip to squeeze the fluid out of her lungs. A respectable 8lbs. 7 oz. she blinked and cried her way into our family.


No comments:
Post a Comment