This year we were particularly excited about swimming lessons because it meant that Hallie would be improving on her skills and Anna would officially get to go in the pool with her own teacher. We signed them up ASAP for both 2 week sessions. We were very lucky this year where weather was concerned as well. We only had
one day of thunderstorms - they were HUGE - but only one day and make-ups were arranged. The girls’ teachers were both amazing and did a great job. They worked really well with the girls, knew how to get them motivated and could really teach the skills. They also were sweet to let them have a few minutes at the end of each session to let them be sisters and play together. In addition, they encouraged them show each other what they learned or practiced that day.Here are the details about swimming in the girls’ own words.
Anna - “I love playing on the stairs. I was
kicking. My teacher was Mackenzie. She was helping me kick and go under. She swam with me and went under by herself. I jumped into my teacher’s arms. I liked it. Next time when I’m bigger I will go under.”
Hallie - “I like swimming lessons a real lot and I like dunking my head under a lot. I like swimming and
jumping off in the deep end and doing the pencil dive. When I’m done with all the work I have some fun time with my swimming teacher who is Courtney this year. I learned to jump off the diving boards and she taught me how to swim with my head under the water and helped me twirl. Each year when I get a swimming teacher I like whoever they are a real lot.
No comments:
Post a Comment